I’ve mentioned our renovations a few times amongst my blog posts so I thought I’d start actually sharing some of our progress. In May we sold our very first home (which we also kind of flipped) and moved into our new place. A raised bungalow built about 20 years ago or so and owned by the same owners for the entirety. Everything has been in immaculate condition (owners were elderly) but definitely needs a little upgrading to become home sweet home to us. We plan on raising our family here for a while.
We purchased it as a 3 bedroom two bath (one is ensuite) home, that has a kitchen with breakfast nook, dining room & living room combo and an unfinished basement. Underneath the living room/dining room was a semi finished space used as a rec room.
Our short term plans are:
– Split the semi finished space in the basement into two spaces (my photography studio and a bedroom)
– Make the entire main living area open concept
– Redo the entire kitchen. This includes bringing it to bare walls and installing new appliances, cabinetry, an island, countertops and a breakfast nook
– Flooring on entire main floor
– Create a nursery
Our Medium term plans:
– Completely finish the basement with a bathroom, kitchenette, living room etc. (in law suite style)
– Paint every room
– Create some sort of “man cave” space in half of the garage
– Paint the exterior doors (including garage)
– Replace the decks (we have two. One from the dining room and the other from the master).
– Backyard cleanup
We’ve been tackling a lot! It’s been a mixture of short term and medium term plans until now (crunch time to baby). So the focus has shifted from basement to the entire main level. We have 5 weeks to take on this HUGE project and that’s if our little girl doesn’t make an early appearance! GAME ON.
I’ll be sharing our progress right here on the blog. Starting with our main floor/kitchen reno this week!
Stay tuned and please pray for my sanity. What have we gotten ourselves into…