Today is the first Monday of 2015 and although I didn’t get an early start, I did go to bed late as I could not stop brainstorming my intentions for 2015. Plus, I’m a night hawk and am most productive then.
I can feel it in my bones that this is finally “my year” and I want to make sure that I can aid in its success as much as possible (because fate can’t truly do it all). So I wanted to do an intentions post. A friend on social media posted or wrote an article (I can’t quite remember who or what exactly) that stuck with me. It was about ditching the word resolution as it means “an act of solving a problem” and replacing it with intention which means “an aim or plan.” I really don’t feel I have problems that I can solve in 2015 but I do have goals I want to conquer. This is SUCH a great way to look at it. I mean, resolutions make you feel like you flunk if you don’t hit them exactly (ex: if you lose nine pounds instead of ten your resolution was not met). Intentions are a path to get to a goal; each step achieved is an accomplishment in itself (ex: I am down 9 pounds already, one more to go!). Although losing weight is not a goal for myself this year, I thought it was quite relatable.
As you already know, or are learning, I am also a big believer in the law of attraction so by writing my intentions down and therefore sharing them with you, I truly believe the universe (and my subconscious mind) will be hard at work to tackle them. Be prepared there are a lot of them but perhaps they’ll fuel some intentions for yourself.
So here they go:
1. To have a successful & healthy pregnancy in 2015 (fingers crossed)
2. Usually I am pretty good but to keep fast food intake low
3. Have hearty breakfasts (I am SO bad at doing the banana and coffee breakfast). Might have to get back on my green smoothie train
4. MEAL PLAN! I’ve been on Pinterest pinning up a storm to help incorporate much more healthy options but without the fuss
5. Continue taking Lily on at least two walks per day (or runs lately)
6. Make Beau’s lunch at least 2 times per week (if I was stay at home this would be daily)
1. DECLUTTER. More specifically, throw out 20 things from our master, 60 things from my office (wishfully more as it will eventually be a nursery), 20 from the bathroom, 20 from the kitchen
2. Tackle the Basement. This seems to be our mess of a storage. I need to take care of that
4. Hang our framed art/photos. Fill the hung frames with photos (this will be a blog post)
5. Continue to keep the plants alive (I have a black thumb but the three are doing alright)
1. Post at least 2x per week but try three
2. Fill out my blogger calendar to keep timing of posts relevant
3. Hit 1000 followers on instagram
4. Be involved with other bloggers
1. Continue pouring my heart into it
2. Post an Instagram photo two times a day to gain more exposure
4. Work with at least 4 different families per month
1. Create a vision board (i’ve been meaning to do this for awhile)
2. Take more baths
3. Read 4 books this year
4. Be kinder
5. Be cautious of trying not to let the little things get to me as much
6. Save $x every month (I know the number)
What are your intentions!? (If you’ve made it to the bottom of this post hehe)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I’m very much looking forward to this new year.
Jacket: H&M Scarf: Garden Gallery Gloves: Danier Leather Boots: Coach Sunglasses: Tiffany & Co Photography: L.B Photography